BridgeSpan Medicine for Teens and Young Adults is affiliated with Boston Children’s Hospital Physicians.
Welcome to Our Adolescent Primary Care Practice
Due to new NY state regulations, we require at least 48 hours notice before we can refill prescriptions for controlled substances, including ADD and ADHD medications. As always, we cannot provide medication refills on weekends or holidays. Due to the new state regulations, we will be unable to make exceptions to this policy.
We are an adolescent primary care practice with specific knowledge of teens and young adults. Over time, adolescent medicine practitioners become a confidential source for teens who are beginning to need a “grown-up” doctor with whom to discuss life’s problems. Adolescent medicine doctors become partners in helping teens take responsibility for their own health and well being.
Our service is at the core of everything we do. Our team works together to provide friendly service with a smile. Contact our office to schedule an appointment today!
Providing great patient care is our top priority. Our experienced staff is here to help. Whether your child is sick, needs a wellness visit, or has other medical concerns, we are to help.
We provide services ranging from general medical care to health and eating disorders. To learn more about the services we offer please visit our services page.
Why Your Children Need Adolescent Medicine
As your children grow they deserve confidential medical care in a setting conducive to private, trusting conversation. They deserve access to a health care provider who understands their developmental concerns from ages 15-21:
- Growing independence from parents and family
- Complexities of relationships with their peers and siblings
- Emotional and physical aspects of puberty and sexuality
They deserve specialized medical care related to:
- Sports, including head injury and concussion
- Gynecology, including birth control and STI/HIV prevention
- Nutrition and management of overweight and underweight
- Stress management and mental health screening
- Prevention and treatment of high risk behaviors, depression, anxiety, eating disorders, and ADHD
What We Do at BridgeSpan Medicine . . .
- Care for patients ages 15-21, male and female
- Provide comprehensive camp, school, sports and pre-college check-ups
- Explore developmental and growth concerns
- Diagnose and treat gynecological problems including expert first-time Gyn exams
- Manage head injury in young athletes
- Address sexuality, pregnancy and STI/HIV issues
- Rapid HIV testing
- Create a “medical home” for teens with chronic illness or developmental challenges
- Counsel on nutrition, weight, and eating questions
- Coordinate care for eating disorder patients
- Advise on sports-related health
- Support teens with concerns re: drugs, alcohol, violence
- Collaborate with specialists, therapists, and counselors