Welcome to Our Adolescent Primary Care Practice:
BridgeSpan Medicine in White Plains, NY
BridgeSpan Medicine is an adolescent-focused pediatrician office in White Plains, NY. With specific knowledge of the unique needs of teens and young adults, we serve both male and female patients aged 15 to 21. We recognize the importance of building trust with our patients, who need a safe space to discuss more grown-up problems and concerns. An adolescent pediatrician plays a vital role in helping teens transition into self-sufficient adults who take responsibility for their own health and well being. We pride ourselves on providing full-service adolescent care, from sports injury treatment to HIV testing to complete gynecological care.
Due to new NY state regulations, we require at least 48 hours notice before we can refill prescriptions for controlled substances, including ADD and ADHD medications. As always, we cannot provide medication refills on weekends or holidays. Due to the new state regulations, we will be unable to make exceptions to this policy.
Our service is at the core of everything we do. Our team works together to provide friendly service with a smile. Contact our office to schedule an appointment today!
Providing great patient care is our top priority. Our experienced staff is here to help. Whether your child is sick, needs a wellness visit, or has other medical concerns, we are to help.
We provide services ranging from general medical care to health and eating disorders. To learn more about the services we offer please visit our services page.
Why Your Children Need Adolescent Medicine
As your children grow they deserve confidential medical care in a setting conducive to private, trusting conversation. They deserve access to a health care provider who understands their developmental concerns from ages 15-21:
- Growing independence from parents and family
- Complexities of relationships with their peers and siblings
- Emotional and physical aspects of puberty and sexuality
They deserve specialized medical care related to:
- Sports, including head injury and concussion
- Gynecology, including birth control and STI/HIV prevention
- Nutrition and management of overweight and underweight
- Stress management and mental health screening
- Prevention and treatment of high risk behaviors, depression, anxiety, eating disorders, and ADHD
What We Do at BridgeSpan Medicine . . .
- Care for patients ages 15-21, male and female
- Provide comprehensive camp, school, sports and pre-college check-ups
- Explore developmental and growth concerns
- Diagnose and treat gynecological problems including expert first-time Gyn exams
- Manage head injury in young athletes
- Address sexuality, pregnancy and STI/HIV issues
- Rapid HIV testing
- Create a “medical home” for teens with chronic illness or developmental challenges
- Counsel on nutrition, weight, and eating questions
- Coordinate care for eating disorder patients
- Advise on sports-related health
- Support teens with concerns re: drugs, alcohol, violence
- Collaborate with specialists, therapists, and counselors