Adolescent Sexual Wellness
At BridgeSpan Medicine, we believe that healthy adolescent sexual development is about more than just physical changes. It is also about one’s sexual behavior, emotional maturity, relationship skills, and body image.
The New York State Department of Health's Adolescent Sexual Health Work Group offers these insights into what it takes to be a sexually healthy adolescent:
- To be comfortable with one’s body and sexuality
- To be able to talk effectively with one’s peers, family, and partners
- To know your body and how it functions
- To understand the risks, responsibilities, and consequences of one’s sexual behavior
- To be able to recognize risks and ways to reduce them
- To know how to obtain and use health care services and information
- To be able to set boundaries when it comes to sex and sexual relationships
- To act responsibly according to one’s personal values
- To be able to form and maintain healthy relationships
To help your child maintain their sexual wellness, BridgeSpan Medicine offers the following services:
- STI (Sexually Transmitted Infection) testing
- LGBTQIA support
- Transgender medicine
Our team provides confidential, nonjudgmental, compassionate support and treatment to teens and young adults with one goal in mind – to keep your child safe and healthy as they grow and transition from childhood to adolescence to adulthood.
Adolescent Gynecologic and Sexual Health Services in Purchase, NY
To learn more about our sexual wellness services or to schedule a private consultation with one of our doctors, call our office at (914) 698-5544 or use our convenient Request an Appointment form.